1.Who we are. We are Davidsons Developments Limited, trading as Davidsons Homes, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 04346861, whose registered office is at Unit R, Ivanhoe Park Way, Ashby de la Zouch Leicestershire LE65 2AB (Davidsons). Davidsons is the Data Controller in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the Data Protection Act 2018 (Data Protection Legislation).
Please note: that by using the Davidsons Sites (as defined below) and/or allowing us to keep in touch with you as a customer or potential customer you are consenting to the practices described below in this policy.
If you do not give your consent whilst using Davidsons Sites, please navigate away from the Davidsons Site immediately (if applicable). Otherwise, please do not proceed to give us consent to process and store your Personal Data (as defined in section 6).
2 When this policy might apply to you.
2.2. Other categories of people. This policy also applies to you if you are a customer of ours or potential customer. Children are not eligible to be customers of ours and we will not knowingly process or store any Personal Data from a child.
3. Our commitment to you. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy We always aim to process and collect your Personal Data lawfully, transparently, fairly and without adversely affecting your rights as a Data Subject (as defined below). Please read the following carefully to understand our practices and procedures.
4. Who to contact. Our Data Protection Officer for the purpose of the Data Protection Legislation is Kay Ash. Kay can be contacted at: [email protected] .If you are not satisfied with any action taken by us or response given, you have the right to complain to Information Commissioner at www.ico.gov.uk, or help line telephone number: 0303 1231113.
5. What this policy covers. This policy explains:
5.1. what personally identifiable information of yours is collected by us in certain circumstances (known as Personal Data);
5.2. what organisation is collecting the Personal Data;
5.3. how the Personal Data is used and stored;
5.4. what choices you have so far as the collection, use and distribution of your Personal Data is concerned;
5.5. who we share your Personal Data with;
5.6. How you can correct any inaccuracies in your Personal Data and/or request that it is deleted; and
6. What measures we have in place to protect your Personal Data, including what security measures we have in place.
7. Our website and other software applications we use in the course of our business.
7.1. Our websites : www.davidsonsgroup.co.uk, website its related domains and sub domains is hosted by Cloudways (www.cloudways.com) . Our website www.mydavidsons.co.uk its related domains and sub domains is hosted on Amazon Web SL servers.
7.2. In addition, we use various software applications in the course of our business to capture and manage customer and potential customer Personal Data which is stored on our servers or those of third parties from whom we licence those products. The applications we use are:
7.2.1.“LiveChat” (www.livechat.com) which is a software product, used to facilitate live interactive chat for customer and potential customer enquiries in real time;
7.2. 2.“COINS” (www.coins-global.com) which is a CRM system;
7.2.3. Alphagraphics (www.alphagraphics.com) to generate personalised or other brochures;
7.2.4. Response Tap which is a prospect call recording software application;
7.2.5. Communigator which is a piece of marketing software;
7.2.6. A property valuation services and affordability tool via a software application operated by Property Price Advice.co.uk; and
7.2.7. Contact Builder which is a CRM system.
In addition, from time to time we may also use links to third party sites; further details are set out below.
8. Information we collect from you
8.1. If you use or interact with the Davidsons Sites. We will collect and process the following information:
• technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
• information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call us.
• if you: (a) complete one of our enquiry forms (b) request one of our digital brochures; (c) request further assistance; (d) report a problem with the Davidsons Sites; (e) use the Live Chat function; or (f) otherwise correspond with us, we may collect your name, address (including e-mail address) and phone numbers.
In addition, please refer to our Cookies Policy.
8.2. If you contact us via Rightmove or another property search engine. Rightmove or other third-party search engines will give us your name, address, telephone number and email address. By entering your Personal Data on those websites you will be subject to their terms and conditions and privacy policies and practices.
8.3. If you allow us to contact you for marketing purposes and/or request a digital brochure. We will collect your name, email address and telephone number.
8.4. If you reserve a home with us. On reservation we will collect you name, postal address, email address and telephone number. Other Personal Data may also be collected from you as necessary in the course of performing our contract with you when you proceed with the purchase your home.
8.5. If you telephone us as a potential customer. We will collect the details you give us on the call using the Response Tap software (please refer to section 15 below).
Please note: we will use the contact details you provide us with to communicate with you. If you provide us with a work email address, postal address and or phone number, you are confirming to us that you have permission from your employer to provide us with those contact details and for us to contact you via those means.
9. How we use the information you provide to us. We may use the data collected about you in the following ways:
• to help you with your enquiry;
• to provide information about our homes, developments or about our business (we will always obtain your consent before we send you marketing or promotional information/material);
• to ask for your feedback about your experience of purchasing one of our homes;
• to notify you of changes to our developments or homes;
• to understand yours and other customers’ requirements and preferences, perform analysis and comparisons;
• to perform our contract with you if you purchase one of our homes;
• to understand your preferences and choices as to carpets, flooring and other fixtures/ fittings/ furnishings in connection with the purchase of your home.
10. Where we store your personal data
10.1. The Davidsons Sites. As referred to above, our www.davidsonsgroup.co.uk website is hosted by Cloudways and our website www.mydavidsons.co.uk website is hosted on Amazon Web SL servers in the UK. In addition, we use SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology to encrypt the data on the Davidsons Sites.
10.2. Our Servers. Our servers are located in the United Kingdom and Malta.
10.3. Third party software applications In addition, as to the third party software applications we use, the following arrangements apply:
10.3.1. “LiveChat” is hosted by Softlayer on servers in the EU.
10.3.2. “COINS” is hosted on Microsoft Azure servers in the UK;
10.3.3 Alphagraphics is hosted by Aspire Technology Solutions Limited on servers in the UK;
10.3.4. Response Tap is hosted on Amazon Web SL Servers in the Republic of Ireland;
10.3.5. Communigator is hosted by 6 Degrees on servers in the UK;
10.3.6. Property Price Advice.co.uk is hosted by Webfraction on servers in the UK; and
10.3.7. Contact Builder is hosted on Digital Ocean and Amazon AWS in London.
10.4. Passwords. If we give you a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Davidsons Site or any other software used by Davidsons, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately contact us at: email: [email protected] or write to: FAO the Data Protection Officer, Wilson House, Leicester Road, Ibstock LE67 6HP.
10.5. In summary, in accordance with Data Protection Legislation, we take all reasonable technical, organisation and security steps to ensure that the information you supply to us is secure.
11. Your rights explained. As a data subject under the Data Protection Legislation you have the following rights:
11.1. To ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. As set out above, we will ask for your consent to contact you for marketing purposes. We will not share your information with third party marketing agencies without your consent.
11.2. Asking for your personal data. You have the right to ask us to supply to you the information we hold, this is known as a data subject access request. For further details please contact us on: email: [email protected] or write to: FAO the Data Protection Officer, Wilson House, Leicester Road, Ibstock LE67 6HP. In addition, if you use our Live Chat function you can receive a copy of your “chat” transcript if you provide your email address before you close the chat session.
11.3. Rectification of data. You have the right to ask us to rectify the data we hold if it contains inaccuracies or is incomplete. To discuss this please contact us on: email: : [email protected] or write to : FAO the Data Protection Officer Wilson House, Leicester Road, Ibstock LE67 6HP.
11.4. Erasure of data. You have the right to ask us to erase the Personal Data we hold if: (i) it is no longer necessary for us to hold the data; (ii) you wish to withdraw your consent to us holding the data; (iii) you object to us holding or processing the data; (iv) you believe that we have processed the data unlawfully; or (v) the data needs to be erased for us to comply with a particular legal obligation. To make a request please contact us on: email: [email protected] or write to: FAO the Data Protection Officer Wilson House, Leicester Road, Ibstock LE67 6HP.
11.5. Consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
12. Links with other websites. The Davidsons Sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Data to these websites.
13. Disclosure of your information
13.1. Sharing your Personal Data. You agree that we have the right to share your Personal Data with:
• Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 or one of our related companies
• Selected third parties including: solicitors, NHBC, warranty providers, tradespersons, estate agents, business partners, our service providers, suppliers and sub-contractors that we need to deal with in the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
• analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Davidsons Site.
• To a prospective buyer or seller if we sell or buy any business or assets.
If any of the shares in Davidsons are sold or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Data to comply with any legal obligation.
• To enforce or apply our contract with you and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Davidsons, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud detection and credit risk reduction.
14. External Web Services and Links that we may use from time to time. The Davidsons Sites may use external web services from time to time to time to display content on the Davidsons Sites and/or when we send you digital brochures. By way of examples: You Tube (www.YouTube.com), Facebook (www.facebook.com) and Instagram (www.instagram.com). We cannot prevent these third-party sites, or external domains, from collecting information on your usage of this embedded content. If you are not logged in to these external services then they will not know who you are but are likely to gather anonymous usage information e.g. number of views, plays, loads and so on.
15. Email tracking. Some emails that we send may have tracking on so that we can tell how much traffic those emails send to the Davidsons Sites.
16. Call recording. As referred to above we use call recording software provided by “Response Tap.” (www.responsetap.com). Calls are recorded via Response Tap’s software to assist us in helping you with your enquiries. All call data is stored on Response Tap’s servers for a period of 30 days from the date the call is made after which time it is deleted.